D365 Finance & Operations and Dynamics AX Forum

View Only

Migrating data from AX 2012R2 to 365 F&O

• 1.  Migrating data from AX 2012R2 to 365 F&O

Posted Dec 16, 2022 07:46 AM

Hi all,

In my company we are busy with the migration from AX 2012R2 to Dynamics 365 Finance & Operations. In this project, we will also migrate the data (entities) from AX 2012R2 to Dynamics 365 Finance & Operations. I have a question regarding migrating the data.

We have a list of entities which we will extract from AX 2012R2 with all its available columns through the Data Import Export Framework (DIXF). When we do this, we get a CSV file with all columns (empty and filled with data) per entity. When we open this CSV in Excel, we can then see the names of all the columns/fields. We then also export from the Dynamics 365 Finance & Operations environment also the same entities with all columns (empty and filled with data) also in an excel file. Now we want to map each AX field filled with data with its matching field in 365 F&O.

My question is: does anyone know if there is a list which shows per entity which 365 F&O fields match with which AX columns/fields so that we can map the AX columns/fields to the correct column/field in 365 F&O? We noticed that a lot of fields don't have a 1 on 1 match and there is a considerable amount of columns/fields per entity and to gain time looking at each column/field 1 by 1 and figuring out it's matching 365 F&O field we were looking for a document/file showing the following:

AX field name 365 F&O field name
    AccountNum CustomerAccount
    Name OrganizationName
    Currency SalesCurrencyCode
    etc.

Does anyone know if there is such a list per entity? I can't imagine that such a list doesn't exist...

Cheers,

Richard

------------------------------
    Richard Davis
    Kay Industries
    ------------------------------

If you've found this thread useful, dive deeper into User Group community content by role