D365 Finance & Operations and Dynamics AX Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Inventory Reports/data (within D365)

SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted 8 days ago

Hi All:
    I am looking for avenues to get the following inventory related information from D365 in a reportable format. If Inquiries/reports are available for these, it will be great. If there are Data Entities that can be utilized, that would work too.

1. Need to identify inventory LOCATIONS that are empty (ie. have AVAILABLEONHANDQUANTITY = 0 ).
      What I tried:
      a) Go to "Warehouse Management Module > Inquiries and Reports > On-hand by location". Select the "Include Empty Location" option.
      This provides the needed information as D365 highlights the empty location but I am not able to see these empty location when I export to Excel. It is not practical to digest this information off the UI.
      b) I see "Inventory on-hand by warehouse V2" Data Entity that shows the empty warehouses, but I am not able to locate an entity that shows on-hand by Location.
      c) Turning the "Warehouse location status" feature on. 

2. Need to identify items/products that "move" the most in our warehouses. i.e. high-volume (by quantity) movers.
      What I tried:
      "Cost Management >Inquiries and reports> Inventory accounting - analysis reports > Inventory Analysis" may provide the "opposite" metric?

Thanks for your help
    Rohit

------------------------------
    Rohit Sharma
    Director, ERP
    Cincinnati

• 2.  RE: Inventory Reports/data (within D365)

SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted 7 days ago

Hi Rohit, 

1. The location status should tell you if your locations are empty, but I believe the status would be showing based on Physical Inventory qty, not Available Physical. Have you confirmed that the location profiles have these fields enabled? 
    - I have seen where the location status will show as Undetermined if only the 'Enable location status' flag is set to Yes, but enabling all 3 flags adjusted the location status to show Empty

Here's an example what I see in the locations module:

2. You may want to check out the 'Inventory value report storage' feature, which does a decent job of summarizing. I read that these transactional reports once stored can be exported to external systems, but have not looked into how that is done.

e.g. 

Parameters used for the above report:

Kirk Anger
    StarTech.com
    London ON

If you've found this thread useful, dive deeper into User Group community content by role