D365 Finance & Operations and Dynamics AX Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Bill of Material Lines V3 open in excel but can't publish back

Posted 9 days ago
    Hello,

Our team would like to make some edits to some default warehouse choices for specific items used in various BOM's and sub-BOM's. As there are many many BOM's and sub-BOM's which need touched, we would like to use the open in excel, change, and publish back feature.

For some reason when I get Bill of Material Lines V3 open (the choice it gives me for BOM lines), there is no publish option available. I read something about using designer to get other primary key fields in but that didn't seem to work. 

Any ideas?

Appreciated!

Jon Corsetti

Continuous Improvement and Quality Manager

Sutphen Corporation

------------------------------
    Jon Corsetti
    Industrial and Systems Engineer
    Sutphen Corporation
    Columbus OH

• 2.  RE: Bill of Material Lines V3 open in excel but can't publish back

Posted 8 days ago
    Couple thoughts
    1. Add all fields. Have you tried adding every field using the Designer? Make sure to add all fields then refresh the data. The refresh step is key as if you do not do this after adding the fields, it will not be able to publish. Once completing these steps, publish should become available
    2. Custom Data Entity. If a custom data entity (doesn't appear so in your case but maybe you had an extension), we had an issue where the custom data entity keys were misaligned with the staging and target tables that caused very weird occurrences (sometimes work, sometimes didn't)

Joseph Bonomo
    Principal Architect
    Corterra Solutions
    Lisle IL

If you've found this thread useful, dive deeper into User Group community content by role