D365 Finance & Operations and Dynamics AX Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Assistance with this error access denied to field account number (bank account number) in table sysdocubranddetailsregular

SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted 10 days ago
    Has anyone expierence this error :access denied to field account number (bank account number) in table sysdocubranddetailsregular

------------------------------
    Amber Aaron
    Summit Racing Equipment
    Tallmadge

• 2.  RE: Assistance with this error access denied to field account number (bank account number) in table sysdocubranddetailsregular

MICROSOFT MVP
    Posted 9 days ago
    Amber,

This is more than likely caused by the table permission framework functionality being applied to this field (AosAuthorization set to true). Because of this, a user must have explicit access to this table field and cannot get derived access from access to the menu item or table. I go into how this feature works in the blog post here: https://alexdmeyer.com/2019/01/24/table-permission-framework-in-d365fo/

Alex Meyer
    Director of Microsoft Software Development
    Fastpath
    Des Moines, IA

• 3.  RE: Assistance with this error access denied to field account number (bank account number) in table sysdocubranddetailsregular

SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted 5 days ago
    Thank you so much for your documentation. I do have a question, how do I find the table through security configuration? I don't know the role that applies to the table to look at the "view permission".

Amber Aaron
    Summit Racing Equipment
    Tallmadge

• 4.  RE: Assistance with this error access denied to field account number (bank account number) in table sysdocubranddetailsregular

MICROSOFT MVP
    Posted 5 days ago
    Amber,

There is no way to do this easily within D365FO (running a report to see which roles have access to a certain object). You can potentially get there running a report via the AOT like I do in this blog post: https://alexdmeyer.com/2017/04/13/security-reporting-for-dynamics-365-for-operations-in-the-aot/

However, I executed a query in the Fastpath security access tool and was able to generate a list of roles that have explicit access to that table field:

Alex Meyer
    Director of Microsoft Software Development
    Fastpath
    Des Moines, IA

If you've found this thread useful, dive deeper into User Group community content by role