D365 Finance & Operations and Dynamics AX Forum

View Only
  • 1.  AP Invoice Process

SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted Aug 19, 2022 10:06 AM
    HI Everyone,
    Our AP group is inundated with invoices in their inbox and I was curious how other companies' processes go.  
    Currently, our AP group spends a lot of time tracking down receipts and sometimes PO's for their invoices.  They place this invoices with issues in an inbox and refence it daily.

Is there a way that the invoice can be entered into the system and periodically check for receipts?

We do not do Invoice workflow or automation and the whole department is used to SAP, so that is no help.

Thanks in advance!
    Tabitha

------------------------------
    Tabitha Arneson
    BlueCrest Inc
    Danbury

• 2.  RE: AP Invoice Process

Posted Aug 22, 2022 11:39 AM
    Hi Tabitha,  is the team leveraging two and three way matching? Set up Accounts payable invoice matching validation - Finance | Dynamics 365 | Microsoft Docs 

We are using the matching validation as well as invoice approval workflow with minimal issues.  I would be happy to walk you through the functionality privately if you're looking to see how it works. Just send me a DM. I think once users see the value and benefit of having a single source for all approvals without having to do too much chasing, they may get on board.

Amy May
    Sr Business Analyst
    Leatherman Tool Group
    Portland OR

If you've found this thread useful, dive deeper into User Group community content by role