D365 Finance & Operations and Dynamics AX Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Adding selection criteria to a report

Posted 27 days ago
      |   view attached
    I have a user who is not able to add/change selection criteria when running a batch job.  When they click on the drop down nothing shows up.  The columns do not appear in the right order.  When we add a new line and they click on the down arrow nothing happens.  Has anyone ever seen this and what you did to fix this?  Here is what I have tried so far

1.  I check security and that is not the issue.  I copied the users roles to a test account we use and I was able to successfully update the selection criteria on the batch job
    2.  I had them try on a couple of different browsers.  They normally use Chrome but we tried on Edge and no luck
    3.  I did a reset of their usage data.
    4.  This issue is happening in production and sandbox.
    5.  This issue is happening on all batch jobs

I have attached a screen shot of the selection screen.  Normally I see the columns in this order, Table, Derived Table, Field, Criteria.  This user column are Table, Derived Table, Criteria, Field

Thanks

------------------------------
    Michael Everingham
    The Cellular Connection
    Fishers IN

Attachment(s)

• 2.  RE: Adding selection criteria to a report

GOLD CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted 27 days ago
    Hi Michael,

Have you tried "clearing" personalizations on the batch job setup screen? We have had odd behaviour and going to the personalization menu and hitting the three dots on the right and say "clear" sometimes resolves them. Otherwise, my only other suggestion would be to delete the user altogether and re-create with the same permissions as other people on the team to see if that resolves the issue. 

Good luck!

Kerstin Newman
    Business Analyst
    StarTech.com
    London ON

• 3.  RE: Adding selection criteria to a report

Posted 24 days ago
    Hello Kerstin

Your suggestion worked.  After we cleared the personalization from the data selection screen the user can now update this screen.

Thanks

Michael Everingham
    The Cellular Connection
    Fishers IN

• 4.  RE: Adding selection criteria to a report

Posted 16 days ago
    Your suggestion is very helpful.

Mark Hangry
    DRS Softech
    Noida

If you've found this thread useful, dive deeper into User Group community content by role