D365 Finance & Operations and Dynamics AX Forum

 View Only
  • 1.  DataAreaID on BYOD data changed from Upper case to lower case

    Posted Dec 06, 2021 07:41 PM

    Last week a new issue cropped up in production ...

    The DataAreaID (aka Company ID) is now showing in lower case on exported data for all new transactions and master data. I checked a number of things and I am at a complete loss as to what has changed.  (as an example, the Company ID changed from 'SAC' to 'sac' )

    Generally, this would not be an issue, but this field is used extensively for foreign keys and is now not playing nice within the Power BI (Power Query analysis server is case sensitive). It is easy enough to address with yet another layer of ETL to standardise the text case. But this should not be happening ....

    Any Ideas ???



    ------------------------------
    Bob Parsons
    Business Intelligence Manager
    Star Produce Ltd.
    Calgary AB
    ------------------------------


  • 2.  RE: DataAreaID on BYOD data changed from Upper case to lower case

    Posted 7 days ago
    Hello, we just came across this as well and have submitted a support ticket.

    Were you able to find a fix for this?

    ------------------------------
    Adam Rallis
    Implus Corporation
    Durham NC
    ------------------------------



  • 3.  RE: DataAreaID on BYOD data changed from Upper case to lower case

    Posted 7 days ago
    I could not find anything on how or why this happened ... I dealt with this in our data warehouse and forced the text case as part of the initial ETL during staging. After doing this we found that there were a few instances where the DataAreaID had flipped cases in some of our historical numbers.

    If you learn anything with your support ticket, please update this thread, I would love to understand the cause, especially since it cropped up out of nowhere on our production box.

    ------------------------------
    Bob Parsons
    Business Intelligence Manager
    Star Produce
    Calgary AB
    ------------------------------



  • 4.  RE: DataAreaID on BYOD data changed from Upper case to lower case

    Posted 7 days ago
    Absolutely, just received an update from Microsoft as well as the issue - 632031.

    Placing triggers on the BYOD table by table is a pretty poor workaround.



    ------------------------------
    Adam Rallis
    Implus Corporation
    Durham NC
    ------------------------------



  • 5.  RE: DataAreaID on BYOD data changed from Upper case to lower case

    Posted 7 days ago
    WOW !! that is not what I expected at all ...  We hadn't dealt with Microsoft 'yet' as we were looking at changing our BYOD to Synapse in a few months and we already had a quick fix in place using our current ETL process. I was thinking (hoping?) the feed from D365 to Synapse would address it, but now I don't think it will.

    I wonder what other ID fields can or will change text cases or is this just specific to DataAreaID?

    I thought about using triggers in our current SQL db, but that just seemed like a poor way of dealing with it, extra processing during staging. It would also mean playing around with our incremental data export jobs which we **finally** have running without errors.

    Disappointing to say the least.

    ------------------------------
    Bob Parsons
    Business Intelligence Manager
    Star Produce
    Calgary AB
    ------------------------------



  • 6.  RE: DataAreaID on BYOD data changed from Upper case to lower case

    Posted 7 days ago
    Agree, not the response we were hoping for.

    I believe our ticket is still being looked into, will keep you posted if anything changes.

    ------------------------------
    Adam Rallis
    Implus Corporation
    Durham NC
    ------------------------------



If you've found this thread useful, dive deeper into User Group community content by role