In this class, students will learn the best practices around managing Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) implementations, with the focus of this class on Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012. The class will start with understanding why project management is important in an implementation, then it will cover the Microsoft Sure Step methodology, then each of the steps involved in going live on the system and the various implementation methodologies that can be used in an ERP implementation. This course will also prepare students to take the Managing Microsoft Dynamics Implementations certification exam offered through Prometric (course number 80450A).
April/May 2014 Session:
May 1, 6, 8, 13, 15, 20, 22
8 - 11 p.m. (All times are Eastern)
After completing this course, students should be able to:
- Understand project management essentials.
- Identify waterfall fundamentals.
- Exam agile essentials.
- Examine how to prepare and plan for a Diagnostic phase.
- Decide, plan, and deliver Sure Step decision accelerators.
- Define the scope of the project based on results from the decision accelerator.
- Guide the customer toward the most efficient implementation process and project type.
- Produce time and cost estimates for the project.
- Plan the resources for the project and plan for risks.
- Prepare for and conduct the Kickoff meeting with the Customer.
- Determine if a Solutions Overview is necessary.
- Understand the Detailed Business Process Analysis.
- Identify and document functional requirement Fits and Gaps.
- Control scope creep by implementing proposal management.
- Plan early for the Deployment phase by creating a deployment plan.
- Learn how to use solution design documents.
- Examine Performance Reporting and Status Reporting.
- Plan and perform testing activities across different phases.
- Conduct a tollgate review.
- Examine the Sure Step Agile project type.
- Prepare and conduct the cutover from the non-production to production environment.
- Understand the importance of quality management during the Operation phase.
- Identify how to work towards project closure.
Instructor: University of Mary
Audience: This training is intended for Project Managers and Implementation Consultants responsible for managing Microsoft Dynamics AX implementations..
Prerequisites: Students interested in attending this class should have experience with project management concepts or ERP implementations to get the most out of the class.
Preparation: Once registered through AXUG Academy you will be contacted by the University of Mary for additional registration information.
Delivery Method: Group Internet-based
CPE Credits: By participating in this class you are eligible to earn up to 16 CPE credits which will be distributed automatically following class completion. Class participation will be monitored and you will not receive CPE credit for any portion of the class that you do not appear fully engaged
The AXUG Academy offers the unique ability to learn from recognized experts while sitting at your own desk. AXUG Academy provides an instructor-led learning environment coupled with hands-on training. You can practice the content and apply the curriculum immediately, instead of just watching. Classes are conducted with a combination of a conference call/VOIP, and a remote desktop connection. The detailed instructions for connecting and attending the class will be sent a day or two prior to class.
Note: Preview Members are not eligible for the Premium Member discount.
To maintain an optimal training environment, each person attending the class is required to register separately. If more than one attendee per registration participates, their organization will be billed for the additional attendees. With registration, you agree to the terms related to Distance Learning classes as included here. Instructor and/or agenda are subject to change.